Mok was a partner in KPMG before joining BDO. He has undertaken numerous financial due diligence, valuation and other corporate finance assignments locally and overseas including ports, power, water, roads, motor, construction, manufacturing, retail and property. He is also involved in various insolvency administrations such as receiverships, liquidations, restructuring, monitoring accountants as well as governance advisory, investigative audits and forensic services. He was also involved in GST services.
Mok also has over nine years of commercial experience. Previously, he was a Senior General Manager (Corporate Finance) in a large diversified group listed on Bursa Malaysia. His responsibilities included acquisitions & disposals, evaluating business proposals and joint ventures and various corporate finance assignments. He was also a member of the senior management team overseeing the diversified operations of the Group which included manufacturing, property development and investment, healthcare, engineering and construction, financial services, hospitality, infrastructure and utilities.
He also has seven years audit experience with a UK accounting firm and another five years advisory experience with KPMG in Melbourne, Australia.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS / EDUCATION
- Fellow Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICAEW)
- Fellow Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Corporate Finance Qualification granted by ICAEW
- Member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA)
- Member of the Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)