Lim Seng Siew has more than 15 years’ experience in audit. He has been involved in the audits of clients in various industries including manufacturing, trading, property development, construction, financial services, gaming, plantations, aquaculture, semiconductors, leisure and hotels. Other than Malaysia, he also has working experience in Cambodia, China, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Vietnam and the United States of America (USA).
He has also performed audits of donor funded projects and Non Governmental Organisations, which involved organisations such as United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS), Asian Development Bank (ADB), Population Services International (PSI), Global Fund, World Bank, Swiss Red Cross, Save the Children, International Fund for Agricultural Development, Japan International Cooperation System (JICS), Japan Mine Action Service (JMAS), Plan International, Pact, Project for Agriculture Development and Economic Empowerment (PADEE) and Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ).
Lim Seng Siew’s experience also extends to due diligence engagements as well as various corporate exercises, which include preparation of accountant’s report and review of prospective financial information for submission to the relevant authorities for IPOs and corporate restructuring. He has also been involved in US GAAP, SOX 404 and IFRS engagements in Cambodia, China, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Vietnam and USA.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS / EDUCATION
- Member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA)
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICAEW)
- Member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Member of the Vietnam Association of Certified Public Accountants (VACPA)
- Member of the Kampuchea Institute of Certified Public Accountants and Auditors (KICPAA)
- Member of the Lao Chamber Of Professional Accountants and Auditors (LCPAA)
- BA (Hons) in Accounting & Finance, Middlesex University, United Kingdom