Karthigayan is an Executive Director of Advisory at BDO Malaysia, where he currently manages a portfolio of internal audit and risk management engagements. He also performs IT General Control audit engagements, supporting relevant statutory financial audits as required and several pre and post ERP implementation review for public listed companies.
He has more than 15 years experience in internal audit and risk management in various industries including manufacturing, trading, construction, property development, aviation and oil & gas. Prior to joining BDO, Karthigayan was attached as an Audit & Risk Manager at a large diversified group listed in the Malaysian Stock Exchange.
Karthigayan has successfully carried out various value-added internal audit assignments including the setting up of internal audit departments and performing fraud investigations.
He has conducted workshops and trainings for staff to create awareness and enhance their understanding of risk management.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS / EDUCATION
- Associate Chartered Management Accountant, United Kingdom (ACMA)
- Member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Bachelor of Accounting (Hons), University Kebangsaan Malaysia