Tan Khoon Yeow started his career in 2002 with the Audit & Assurance Division of BDO before his involvement in the Learning and Professional Development (LAPD) services since 2006. His current responsibilities include conducting International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and auditing training courses for both, professional staff and clients of BDO in ASEAN.
He is currently an Executive-in-Residence for the Sunway University Business School, a member of the Academic & Industry Advisory Board for the Sunway College Diploma in Accounting Programme, and a member of the Social Sciences, Business and Law Industry Advisory Panel of KDU College.
Khoon Yeow is a member of the BDO International IFRS Working Party, Global Audit Training Advisory Group (AGGAT) and Comment Letter Task Force. He has been actively involved in the efforts of the Working Party in providing comments on draft pronouncements issued by the International Accounting Standards Board as well as contemporary issues discussed in the Large Firms Meeting. In the AGGAT, he engages in the preparation of BDO Audit Approach and Audit Process Tool (APT) training courses for BDO International.
He is a member of the MFRS Application and Implementation Committee (MAIC) by the Malaysian Accounting Standards Board to support the application and implementation of Malaysian Financial Reporting Standards (MFRS).
Further, he is a member of the Ethics Standards Board, a standard setting body designated by and operating independently under the auspices of the Council of the MIA.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS / EDUCATION
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICAEW)
- Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA)
- Member of the Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
- Regular Member of the Chartered Financial Analysts Institute (CFA)
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Applied Accounting from Oxford Brookes University, United Kingdom