Prior to Dato’ Gan’s appointment as Managing Partner of BDO Malaysia and Regional Senior Partner of BDO in ASEAN, he was the Managing Director of the Financial Advisory Services Department at KPMG Malaysia. Dato' Gan is also the Chairman for BDO Myanmar, Lao PDR and Cambodia respectively.
With over 37 years’ experience in auditing, accounting and financial advisory, Dato’ Gan specialises in corporate turnaround and financial restructuring of under-performing companies, and has extensive experience in the field of corporate finance and advisory assignments.
His experience includes advising high profile clients on matters relating to debt restructuring between debtors companies and lenders, administration of schemes of arrangement, restructuring plan implementation for listing purposes, receivership and liquidation and other engagements with diverse industries.
The key positions held by Dato' Gan include the following:
- Vice President and Council Member of MICPA
- Member of the Malaysian Accounting Standard Board's (MASB) Financial Reporting Foundation (FRF)
- EXCO and Council Member of both MIA and MICPA
- Council Member of ICAEW
- Member of the Worshipful Company of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Council Member and Past President of the Insolvency Practitioners Association of Malaysia (IPAM)
- Chairman of Insolvency Practice Committees MIA and MICPA
- Member of the Advisory Board for University of Malaya Business and Accounting Faculty, Nottingham University Business School, and the Professional Accounting Programme of Sunway College
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS / EDUCATION
- Fellow Chartered Accountant of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICAEW)
- Corporate Finance Qualification granted by ICAEW
- Member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA)
- Member of the Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
- Council Member of the Insolvency Practitioners Association of Malaysia (IPAM)