Internship - Tax
BDO.LiveSite.Careers.Locations: BDO Penang
BDO.LiveSite.Careers.ContactPerson: Bonnie Tham
Founded in 1964, BDO in Malaysia is one of the five largest professional services firm providing Audit & Assurance, Advisory, Tax and Business Services & Outsourcing (BSO) to businesses ranging from established multinational conglomerates to growth-oriented organisations, whether public or private.
BDO’s distinctive reputation is built upon our commitment that a culture of people is the centerpiece of our business and hence ~ Because Relationships Matter, supported by four main components: People, Development, Purpose and Recognition.
People - We create a supportive and collaborative environment build on trust.
Development - We are committed to nurture our people to grow professionally and personally. We simply believe ‘Your Career Our Journey’.
Purpose - We empower our people to make a positive difference in our organisation ~ for themselves.
Recognition - We have a strong local presence under the network of a growing global BDO organisation and a credible brand.
Job overview and key responsibilities
BDO offers a full range of tax services to individual or corporate clients with the primary objective of improving their tax efficiencies. You will be assisting the client service team in the preparation of a range of tax advisory and compliance related work which include the preparation of tax returns and computations for timely submissions to the tax authorities, application and registration processes, tax reviews and investigations, and assisting in the liaison with the Malaysian Inland Revenue Board, Royal Malaysian Customs Department and other government agencies as necessary.
Education and professional skills / knowledge
Experience & Education:
- Penultimate-year students studying Accounting, Commerce, Economics, Finance or Law with strong academic credentials of CGPA 3.2 and above, second class upper equivalent
- Those who are currently pursuing a recognized Professional Accounting qualification are also encouraged to apply
- Involvement in extra-curricular activities in school/university
- Ability to work well as a team as well as independently
- Possesses an analytical mindset and good interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal command of English
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism in all matters
- Desire to learn and expand knowledge
Kindly submit your application together with your resume, along with copies of your latest academic and professional transcripts.