Stamp duty in Malaysia is imposed on a wide range of instruments of transfer and documents. We have an experienced team of tax professionals with comprehensive knowledge of the laws on stamp duty and the conditions and procedures for obtaining stamp duty exemptions that may translate into significant cost savings for our clients.
Our services in this area include:
- Analysis of tax structuring options to assess and quantify the potential stamp duty exposure
- Assistance in determining the appropriate valuation for instruments subject to ad valorem duty
- Identification of instruments that are eligible for stamp duty exemption
- Assisting our clients in the preparation of documentation required for application for stamp duty exemption
- Assisting our clients with any technical disputes with the IRB