BDO Horizons 2017 - Issue 3
23 August 2017
Original content provided by BDO
Each quarter BDO’s Mergers & Acquisitions team analyzes global deal activity across a number of regions and selected sectors around the world; we offer you a satellite view of how the M&A market is evolving - and where it appears to be heading.
Issue 3 2017 includes:
- Global view – Clarity on President Trump’s action plan, the election of moderate France President Mr Macron and the beginning of the formal Brexit process were not enough to reassure M&A players.
- Special feature – UK mid-market: Business pragmatism trumps political uncertainty.
- Manufacturing – First half global manufacturing M&A slows as deal makers await stimulus policies.
- Consumer – A sector that is quick to adapt, uncertainty is no barrier to M&A.
- Real Estate – Asian economies are leading the M&A activity, although total global Real Estate M&A has cooled since 2014.
- Heat charts – Despite uncertainty our heat charts show growth of potential M&A transactions.