Businesses throughout Malaysia and across the world are already and will continue to be deeply affected by, amongst others, the current economic climate.
Different sectors and companies will be impacted on different scales. However, it is inevitable for some companies facing such challenging times and cash flow constraints to undertake a restructuring plan with the objective of saving the companies/businesses (if not in entirety then at least the sustainable portions of the businesses), making them viable and/or putting them on a stronger footing for future growth.
Although the solution for each company will depend on many factors, e.g. the company’s stage of the business life cycle and the company and industry specific challenges, what is crucial is that companies must be prepared to confront these difficulties and engage with stakeholders for a resolution.
The restructuring options include the following:
- Scheme of Arrangement under Section 366 of the Companies Act 2016 (“S366 Scheme”)
- Corporate Voluntary Arrangement (“CVA”)
- Judicial Management (“JM”)
- Corporate Debt Restructuring Committee (“CDRC”)
- Bilateral/private negotiations with financial institutions (“Bilateral/Private”)
BDO will work with you to:
Other Insolvency Services:
Monitoring Account Services
Download our full brochure below.