Tax Senior Associate
BDO.LiveSite.Careers.Locations: BDO Malaysia, BDO Penang, BDO Johor Bahru
BDO.LiveSite.Careers.ContactPerson: Bonnie Tham
Founded in 1964, BDO in Malaysia is one of the five largest professional services firm providing Audit & Assurance, Advisory, Tax and Business Services & Outsourcing (BSO) to businesses ranging from established multinational conglomerates to growth-oriented organisations, whether public or private.
BDO’s distinctive reputation is built upon our commitment that a culture of people is the centerpiece of our business and hence ~ Because Relationships Matter, supported by four main components: People, Development, Purpose and Recognition.
People - We create a supportive and collaborative environment build on trust.
Development - We are committed to nurture our people to grow professionally and personally. We simply believe ‘Your Career Our Journey’.
Purpose - We empower our people to make a positive difference in our organisation ~ for themselves.
Recognition - We have a strong local presence under the network of a growing global BDO organisation and a credible brand.
Job overview and key responsibilities
BDO offers a full range of tax services to add value to businesses and individual clients. You will have vast opportunities to develop your career and gain more exposure to various industries with the continual changes in tax laws and regulations, as well as enhanced business complexities.
You will be working as a member of the client service team to provide full breath of tax advisory and compliance services, which include the review of documents, transactions and business cases from a tax perspective, transfer pricing and Good and Services Tax reviews, tax audits and investigations reviews, advising on tax exposure and computational treatments, and liaising with the relevant authorities. You will be expected to supervise and coach junior team members and assist in managing billing and collections.
Education and professional skills / knowledge
Experience & Education:
- 2 to 3 years of working experience in a professional services environment
- A recognized degree in Accounting or equivalent with at least a second class upper classification and / or a Professional Accounting qualification
- Ability to lead, manage, motivate and engage team members as well as work independently
- Have an analytical mindset and has good interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong oral and written command of English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Keeping abreast with the latest changes in tax regulations and legislations
- Proficient in MS Office - Excel, Powerpoint, Word and Outlook
Kindly submit your application together with your resume, along with copies of your latest academic and professional transcripts.