Indirect Tax Advisory
Solving your indirect tax problems
Businesses can incur significant compliance and administrative cost dealing with Royal Malaysian Customs Department (RMCD) for declaration of imports and exports. Structuring transactions to achieve correct classification, valuation, customs rate of goods amongst others, would reduce the cost of doing business.
With Goods and Services Tax (GST) Implementation in April 2015, the Sales Tax Act 1972 and Services Tax Act 1975 (the Acts) have been repealed. Notwithstanding the repeal of Sales and Services Tax Acts, any sales and services tax due, overpaid or erroneously paid would need to be settled.
Our Indirect Tax Advisory services include:-
- Application for indirect tax exemption and refund, tariff classification and trade facilitation arrangements
- Reviewing of agreement, transaction, voluntary declaration, etc.
- Customs valuation and transfer pricing review
- Managing customs audits and investigations
- Making representations to RMCD for rulings and dispute resolutions