Bernard has over 17 years of experience primarily in liquidations, receiverships, special administrations, monitoring accountants, business and financial review and financial debt restructuring.
His insolvency experience was mainly gained during his time with KPMG and included an 18 month secondment to Melbourne, Australia, where he was also involved in voluntary administration assignments. During his time with KPMG, he also spent over 3 years undertaking Corporate Finance assignments involving mergers & acquisitions, financial modelling and share valuations.
His career included a period with a bank in Malaysia as a Team Lead for its Special Asset Management (SAM) team, where his role included managing his team’s recovery performance, putting in place appropriate remedial actions, implementing exit strategies and reporting to senior management on the SAM portfolio and/or key accounts. He was also involved in several internal committees which collaborated with the Business Units to provide input so as to mitigate further deterioration of accounts which displayed signs of credit weakness.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS / EDUCATION
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Associate Chartered Management Accountant, United Kingdom (ACMA)
- Member of Insolvency Practitioners Association of Malaysia (IPAM)
- Member of INSOL International
- Member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA)
- Master of Finance, RMIT University, Australia
- Bachelor of Economics & Finance (with Distinction), RMIT University, Australia